Saturday, January 05, 2008

The calm before the storm

A bit of a posting hiatus here, until The Madness (term hijacked from Darcy) is over. Here's where you can find me:

Tomorrow, January 6 - Trumpeter and Jazz Euphorium colleague Sean Winters is leaving town for a bit, and I'm playing on his farewell show at Diese Onze (4115-A St. Denis). The quartet is rounded out by Benoit Coulombe on bass, and Matt Vorzimer on drums. Lots of special guests will grace the stage, too.

January 8 I will be the friendly doorman at the Mandala/Secret Society North hit at La Sala Rossa. I will reprise that role in Toronto at the Tranzac on the 11th.

January 9-12 I will be navigating my way through the IAJE conference, soaking up new music, schmoozing, and even speaking on a panel about The Blog! with truly top-notch company.

January 12 I'll be hitting Trane Studio (964 Bathurst, Toronto) with my hometown friends Michael Herring on bass and Nick Fraser on drums. We start at 8 pm, two sets, $10. It's a real treat to play with those guys. It's my first time even setting foot in Trane, a club that really started to take off after I moved to Montreal.

Expect full reports upon my return.

No comments: